What We Do (And Have Done)
- Provide food to families that are in need 5 days a week through our emergency food pantry, on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm.
- Wednesday and Thursday are a large distribution days where we provide food each week for families from Wake, Johnston, Franklin, and Nash Counties. On Wednesday we serve families with the last name starting with the letters “A-K”. On Thursday we serve families with the name starting with the letters “L-Z”.
- We provide fans to senior citizens, handicapped and low income families that do not have air conditions in their homes for the summer months.
- We provide Heaters in the winter months for senior citizens, handicapped and low income families that do not have heat in their homes.
- During the summer we provide lunches to school age students who are part of the child nutrition lunch program at their school so they won’t go hungry during the summer. This program is open for kids range from 2 yrs old to 18 yrs. old.
- We give away school supplies and book bags to all school age kids before the new school year start up.
- In November we provide a Thanksgiving care box for families that do not have money to buy food for their families for Thanksgiving which include a turkey.
- We also have a coat drive to give out to families to help keep them warm in the winter; this package include coats for the family, scarves, gloves, hats, blankets, pajamas and books for the children to read.
- During the Christmas Holiday we provide a sit down full course meal for families that are less fortunate than others, including the homeless, senior citizen, and handicapped. At this Community Event we have Santa Claus there giving out toys to all the kids so that they will have something for Christmas.
- We always participate in the Knightdale Christmas Parade where we throw out candy to the kids that are lined up beside the street watching the parade to help bring them some joy. We are a non-profit 501-C3 organization which gives back to the community in so many ways to help families that are in need. We welcome any donation you are able to give so we can continue our vision in helping families that are in need.
Mr. Billy and the crew are awesome. I first met him while doing a research report for nursing school. He allowed me to interview him and write about the community activities performed there at the center. I was so impressed with all that he told me that I became a food pantry volunteer on Wednesdays, assisting with sorting, packing and the distribution of food from the pantry to recipients each week. It was awesome volunteering for Community Helpers. They are professional courteous and have so much care, compassion and concern for the community.Christina Williamson
From the moment I met Mr Neal And his team I knew he had a passion to help people and so did his team! Their passion to give back to the community is genuine and authentic. Myself And the Knightdale Home depot are honored to be in partnership with you….Stephanie Lowery